The unthinkable has happened and your computer won’t turn on. You have important files and photos on your hard drive that you need to access ASAP! It’s time to contact a professional data recovery company.
There are countless data recovery companies advertising their services online these days, and it can be overwhelming trying to decide which one to trust with your invaluable data and memories. To help make your decision process somewhat easier, here are 10 “must-haves” when choosing the proper data recovery company:
- A no-obligation, free evaluation to determine the exact cause of your unique problem.
- A firm price quote based on your unique problem and the work necessary to recover the data (no ‘one-size-fits-all’ pricing!).
- Pricing that remains the same (firm quote) regardless of any unexpected complications or additional parts/services necessary for a full recovery.
- A ‘No Data, No Charge policy’ that ensures you only pay for your recovery when the majority of the files you are looking have been recovered.
- Friendly, dedicated case managers to provide you with the status of your recovery, answer any questions you may have during this stressful experience, and be your connection to the lab.
- 100% confidentiality regarding your data.
- A fully equipped lab that can recover data from virtually any failure, interface, OS, and media type.
- Physical recoveries conducted only within a class-100 clean room environment.
- A Research and Development (R&D) department dedicated to making innovative advances in the data recovery industry.
- Positively accredited by an organization that you trust.
It may be difficult to find a company that meets each of these criteria, but the success of your recovery depends on the overall quality of the company you choose. The first attempt at data recovery always has the highest chance for success (when done properly), so it’s essential to wisely choose the appropriate company for yourself.
Image courtesy of Master isolated images at FreeDigitalPhotos.net